Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Farewell

My lovelies, I guess this is it. I've decided to stop blogging here. I have come across so many special people on this blog. I've formed friendships, I've gained insight into how people think and feel. I am grateful for the "experience" that this blog has given me. But I'm not focusing on myself and my life and my world as much as I should be. I need to focus on my own issues before thinking about anyone else's. There are things in my life that I need to seriously deal with, like my weight loss. I need to deal with THAT firstly. I need to focus on school, secondly. I need to develop my real life social and verbal skills, thirdly. I need to branch out and try new things, take up photography, write short stories, read more books, fourthly. I would really life to see what's really out there, what life has to offer, what I am truly capable of. This is not good-bye, for I will be back some day.
Losing weight has become of utmost importance to me and I really feel no desire to write about it, talk about it, or hear about it. I just want to DO IT and succeed. On my own. It's hard to explain what I'm really trying to say. Here's a quote from one of my favourite books, Marya Hornbacher's Wasted: "Eating-disordered people, for the most part, don't talk to one another. It is usually not a little sorority where it's all done in a very companionable way. It's usually intensely private." I have a tumblr which I use as my outlet for inspiration and beauty and the occasional rant. Follow me, ask me things :) we can be tumblr friends: clicky!= http://petiteetbelle.tumblr.com/
This song came out, like, five years ago when I was just a little 13 year old. Anyway, it always reminds me of moving on and how great things are to come and how "life's waiting to begin." It's for you. Thank-you to everyone and anyone who followed me and commented and supported me when I needed it. You are the most incredible people. xo

17 comments:

  1. Somewhat sorry to read this- however, I completely understand and have felt like doing the same for quite a bit now. Everyone's blog reaches somewhat of an expiration point. Let's keep in touch via tumblr (I might need help learning how to use the behind-the-scenes aspect!) and I wish you luck in your future adventures :) It's been nice to have you there throughout the year, going through the same things together.

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed. I wish you all the luck in the world with your endeavors <3 I hope you'll be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you in this new phase of your journey. I hope that you will have many wonderful experiences and attain a life that you love living.

    And of course, If you ever need anything, I would be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh darling, I'm going to miss you so much. More than you would ever guess. Yours is one of the small handful of blogs I read daily, from beginning to end, without fail. You have inspired me, and supported me, and taught me so much.

    Yes, I'm going to miss you more than you would ever guess.

    Absolutely all my love, kisses, hopes for the future, kind wishes..
    But mostly, thank you Alisha.

    I'll never forget you,
    Adeline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so down to hear this, but I understand. You've helped so many people & you will help so many more. You're worth more than weight dear, & I hope you get to your "fourthly" dealings soon. I will follow your tumblr once I get an account :) see you Alisha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, sweetie. I will miss you, but I respect what you're doing. Love you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad to see you go :( I just started following you and you inspired me, and motivated me, and showed me that I'm not alone in this fight. Thank you for your thoughts and your strength. Take care and make us proud <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to miss reading you blog but you are doing it for the right reasons and I respect you for that. I hope you find peace and where you want to be.

    stay you. I will write you back someday soon. I still have your letter.

    xxxx =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so gutted. But I understand - like Victoria I have been having those thoughts too. I will miss you a lot but I'll check your tumblr and we always have email :)

    I sincerely hope that you can find what works for you and that you can make peace with yourself and your weight.

    You are seriously strong and wonderful and uplifting! You will do it :)

    And I hope you manage to sort out school and get what you deserve.

    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely miss reading your blog, but I completely understand all of your reasons for leaving. We're here to support you no matter what your decisions are! I'm following you on Tumblr now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck, and stay strong. Thank you for the support you gave me and many other people journeying down this twisted path. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'll miss you. i know i haven't been commenting recently, but i have been reading every post you blogged and am still so inspired and amazed by you. Alisha, you are such a beautiful and wonderful person and it has been an honor to read about and have a glimpse of your life. i hope that you start living the life that you deserve.
    Also, totally going to follow you on tumblr (:
    Love always,
    v xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a shame you're going, you always seem so determined and organised. I hope you do come back one day, but please enjoy your life. <3 I agree with the quote you posted, I think online it's easy for disordered to talk to one another, but in real life I find that anyone else with an eating disorder... I feel competitive with. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful time out there <3 look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not been in this online ED world long but I just want to say thank you for all your words, sharing your struggles and triumphs and being a source of strenth and inspiration.

    I can't express how much I wish you well. Go out there and shine. Become everything you want to be.

    Love, peace and happiness to you always, B x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually have a couple of tears running down my face. You are my inspiration, and I'm not gonna lie it hurts to see that you're leaving. But I do realise that you must put yourself first and I wish you the best of luck for EVERYTHING! You will be amazing and succeed at whatever you put your heart into. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I respect your reasons for leaving, but I'm still going to miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you very very much. And I mean it when I say that you have a special little place in my heart.
    I understand why you have to leave, but I will miss you more than I can possibly say.
    I really hope that you find what your looking for, and you can find some peace and happiness because you deserve it.

    I really do love you a lot and I'm going to miss you so much.

    Go out and live your life Alisha!
    X

    ReplyDelete