Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday and Lifestyle Changes

I love running. I love knowing that I'm getting more fit, and I'm burning calories. I love feeling free. I went for a fitness swim for the first time in 3 years. It was the best thing I've done in a long time. I like swimming so much, now, that I wish I could go every other day! But I can't because my hair would get so dry and ruined from chlorine. (I only have to wash my hair once a week, as it is...) So every Friday, I'll go for a fitness swim.

I hate coming home and looking in the mirror and realizing how fat I am. So I'm not going to look at my body or weigh myself until Wednesday.
I've decided that restricting doesn't work for me. I'm going to go about this by eating 6 times a day, less than 150 calories each time. Also, I'm taking a break from calorie counting. Honestly, it has gotten so tiresome, despite using an iTouch app. I am going to get healthier. This is not going to be a temporary diet; it is going to be a LIFESTYLE. I need to make some serious changes in my life and my eating habits will be one of them.

I am 18 today. I am going to make my life better.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday darling! I love your attitude about making this a lifestyle not just a 'diet' - setting yourself up for success, that's what you're doing :)

    All my love, 18 is such a wonderful age,
    Adeline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww happy bday!! =] and as long as you keep conditionar in your hair while you swim your hair wont dry out. i swim every day and mine is real healthy =]

    ReplyDelete