Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pointers

I wasn't hungry. I haven't been hungry in over two weeks; my body is used to 400 cals per day. But at 11:30 PM I was trying to read my Psychology text book. I was having a really hard time because I simply could not focus. So I had a teaspoon each of "unnecessary" almond butter and Nutella. I commenced to feel guilty; did 25 pushups, 20 squats, and 40 high-kicks; and started reading Psychology like a bad-ass. I'm trying to make two points here. A little food (next time, it WON'T be fat) at night won't kill me, if it helps me study(point 1). And the only reason I felt the need to eat was because I had reading to do. I had wasted about 3 hours earlier, which is why I was up so late studying. Had I studied EARLIER, I would not have had to force myself to eat something just so I could study (point 2). Yayyy. I came up with another tip.
On a different note, my muscles are all really sore and running today was hard. I had to walk for a minute every 5 minutes... I think tomorrow I'll just do cardio. 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes walking/running. And of course, my push-ups and pull-ups, that's standard. By the wayyyy. I feel so bad about this, but I noticed that I was nominated for Versatile blogger a couple times. Thanks so much, you lovely petals! I'm just too, uh, lazy to do that, uh, special post thingy for it. asdjfkasjfdsoembarrassed.

9 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you're feeling well and that you were able to focus down and study. Psychology's so interesting, but sometimes no matter how much I like what I'm studying, it's hard to really commit to learning, so way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have trouble studying if I'm hungry. I think I'll try that tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I usually don't do these things, but I nominated you for a blogger award. Your blog is just so beautiful.

    My post is here: www.fadinglillie.blogspot.com

    Here are the rules:
    1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift
    2. Share seven things about yourself.
    3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers who are fantastic in some way.
    4. Drop by and let your ten new friends know you admire them.

    Xx. Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way when I'm studying and obligated to practice. It's like I want to put my best effort in, since it's benefiting me- but I can't do so with so little fuel. So it's all about finding the right things to do so- bananas are great for exercise, and a light carb like a rice cake is good for small energy and focus. Next time :)

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought maybe i'd post you to my challenge,
    in case you could use the help ^-^

    good luck with everything hun :)

    http://thisanalogy.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-finale-challenge.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're doing well though!

    i hate late night studying.

    about that award, lol.
    i just nominated you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you can figure out what works best for you, but on the other hand, one tablespoon of nutella won't kill you, darling ;) You can totally avoid it, though.

    You're such a sweetie, I love reading your posts.
    Loads of love to you,
    Merely

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such an inspiration ;)
    I absolutly love reading your blog and I just wanted to stop by and say hello because i'm new to this:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes when I can't study I put my head down and try to nap for 10 -15 minutes and then you wake up refreshed and ready to go!

    I love your blog too, its practically the only one I comment on =) You don't have to worry about promoting me, thank you though, your so sweet

    ReplyDelete