Monday, March 7, 2011

Winner

I managed to calm my nerves and went to the gym today for the first time in..two weeks. Here's what I noticed. I've gotten so heavy that I can't hold myself up when I run on the treadmill. It sounds really bad, but that's what happens when you gain 15 lb in a month! My body isn't used to the weight. I stopped running and spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I suppose I'm going to have to ease myself back into running... Oh well, it'll get better once the weight starts coming off. I've been good today. My main focus is regaining control over my body and my life. No more being sad. I'm doing something about it. And about getting therapy: I realize that my ED issues are tied in with my current social anxiety, but I also realize that my anxiety is tied in with the sudden lack of confidence due to extreme weight gain. Therefore, once I get down to [at least] 100-103 lb, my happy weight, I'll be "back to normal." Confidence will be boosted, anxiety will be reduced. Four weeks of classes left. I'm studying like a dog. I will be in control.
So far I've had 350 calories. For dinner, I'm going to have scrambled egg whites (30) and steamed asparagus (20). Wow, that'll make my total only 400! Good job, Lishy.

12 comments:

  1. I love your blog :)

    I'm also not used to the new weight I've let creep up on me, but I'm determined to get rid of it. So are you by the looks of it. 400 calories, way to go!

    Xx. Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how it feels about the running. I gained about 10 from crazy binging around christmas/january and I couldn't even believe how hard it was to start race training when I was used to running at such a lighter weight. It does definitely get easier though. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!

    You'll be running again in noooo time!

    And you'll be light enough, that when you run, you'll fly.

    Keep lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with running. I hope that I will work out enough to be able to start a steady running program this summer. Sounds like a plan to me!

    I hope that anxiety will go away quickly. You are trying your best, you are awesome, and you will make it through the next month.

    400 is my favorite calorie goal! Stay beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm u mentioned doing interval training in ur past blogs and would prob be the best way to burn off the calories/shock your system and boost ur confidence by feeling good about yourself for being able to run. also may just try walking on the treadmill on a steep incline. at 3.5 mph at a 12 percent incline you can burn on the avg of 11 cal/min. you'd have to run around 7.5-8 to achieve that depending on your weight. it also is less taxing on the joints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done hun, you're so motivated and strong. And so focused. Keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job, like you say. Climbing back on the wagon is the hardest part! Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for your more positive mindset! When you're sad, you feel like everything is beyond your control and nothing you do or say will matter, but when you're trying to stay positive, you feel as if you're in control of lots of things and what you do does make a difference! That's an awesome intake for the day! With exercise, I've found that consistency is a great thing- it seems like you take a break off from working out and you're out of shape again! But keep on exercising and you'll work your way back up to where you used to be :).
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. good! I'm sure you'll be down to your happy weight in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I have that exact same problem with the running, it's hard but just stay strong and you'll get there sweetie:)xx

    ReplyDelete