Friday, February 11, 2011

My Arm Workout

I don't want to throw up anymore I don't want to throw up any more I don't want to throw up any more! It hurts. It's gross. It takes so much effort. It messes with your body more than starving does. In my psychology lecture today, I learned that the bile and stomach acids that pass through your mouth when you vomit eat away at your teeth (which I already knew), but it causes the enamel wears away and once the enamel goes, it's GONE. Forever. And after that, your teeth only last 5-10 years. Oh, god, I literally started shaking when the prof said that. I don't want to throw up anymore. I'm going to put a page in my thinspo book about this issue and how to deal with it.
This has been the most controlled week of 2011 for me. I will say that I binged today. (I purged.) But I'm over that. I went to the gym this morning for TWO hours, burning 460 calories. I did ballet when I got home, burning another 50. Flat tummy, thin arms, and boney chest. Even at my lowest weight of 90 lb, I didn't have a thigh gap. So I'm not gonna fret too much about something that's probably 100% genetics (fucking MOM). My goal for the upcoming week is to NOT binge or purge, and focus on staying as strong as possible on less than 500 calories/day.
Karlie, Karlie, Karlie, Karlie. Anyway, several of you asked for my arm work out since I posted my guns picture. Before I start any workout, I do 25 minutes of cardio.
Day 1: Triceps= (10 triceps extensions 12 lb+10 advanced triceps dips+10 triceps kickbacks 5 lb) x 3.
Day 2: Back and biceps= (10 bicep curls 10 lb +10 reverse flyes 5 lb +10 hammer curls 10 lb+12 single bent-over rows 15 lb) x 3.
Day 3: Shoulders= 20 push ups+ (10 lateral raises 5 lb+10 front raises 5 lb +10 shoulder presses 10 lb) x 3.
Take note of the weights I use. I can't stand the bullshit that says girls should use lower weights and do higher reps for tone. You are NOT going to get bulky with heavy weights, you don't have the testosterone for it! Build some strength! Fucking 3 lb weights I see girls use at the gym...hahahha. Oh and between each set, I do some form of cardio, like 20 jump squats or 15 burpees. Let it be noted that I work out more than 3 days/week, but the same muscle group shouldn't be targeted on consecutive days. Good luck, everyone! I just want to say that your comments mean so so much to me. I love this community so much. For real.

8 comments:

  1. Burpees are HELL ON EARTH! Ugh, hahaha.

    Alright- YES. I have every intention (and not just intention, like it's GONNA happen) to succeed with flying colors. Today wasn't a COMPLETE fuckup, it was just more than I expected. I'm disappointed, but not to the point of being devastated. This I can work with. I'm not a complete failure yet.

    Tomorrow continues as if nothing happened today, except of course unless I see an opportunity to skimp on cals here or there. The best week of 2011 so far will continue :) Everyone has minor slip ups, it's only human... (though we're striving for superhuman) ♥

    xo
    Victoria

    THIS WEEKEND IS OUR BITCH. We're conquering it. No questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely gotta take care of the teeth. No sense in being the perfect weight if you have to take out your dentures after a one night stand. The guy might like it though..... {!tmi!}

    You arm workout routine is amazing! I am totally in awe! I really need to get back to the gym and I will keep your wonderful example in mind while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes look after ur teeth mine are wrecked from drinking and being sick acid wear is the worst. I have no enamel left l had 6 teeth out all my back molars are gone. My front teeth have to have fillings like everyyear the bottom become clear.it's not fun at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooooow! You're awesome, and have shown me that I need to diversify my arm workout, I just do bench press and pushups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated throwing up- I mean, yeah it was nice to be able to eat everything you wanted without gaining, but still- I don't think it's worth putting your body through that kind of stuff :/. Great job on the two hours at the gym! I would freaking love to have a gap between my thighs...but I don't know if that'll ever happen unless I'm around 90 pounds :(. This week is going to be awesome (and controlled) for you! I must say, you did have awesome guns in your photo! I'm going to borrow your arms workout if you don't mind! I love donig weights but I don't have any special routine or anything, so your arms workout would be great! Thanks for posting that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to throw up once. I couldn't. It's ok. Everytime you are thinking of purging, distract yourself. Do some crunches or stair reps.
    I'm starting your 'get guns' workout today

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you b/pd. I'm really glad you decided to stop <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.I like your blog:)wait for my blog..very nice photo:) thanks kısses

    ReplyDelete