Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 3 and Spaghetti Squash

I'm not gonna lie, it's extremely difficult to focus while eating 200 calories a day. I'm studying for a biology midterm and it's like I'm staring at my notes, but nothing's happening. Like, I have been staring at this one page for 15 minutes and nothing is getting through to my mind; I can't focus properly. But it's all good once I pop a couple raspberries in my mouth or have a cup of green tea. Despite the fact that I can't focus as well, I am not tired. It's like I'm in this state of hunger-induced insomnia/mania. So I can stay up as late as it takes to study, without getting sleepy. And it's so trippy. I was looking at my bulletin board, and it doesn't look like the paper is pinned to it; everything is floating. But I mean, that goes away once I eat something, like a strawberry. I am so proud of myself. Total intake for today was 207 calories.
Tomorrow is a 600 day! Dad is barbecuing lemon pesto chicken breasts, which I'll eat with a salad. And I'll get to have a long-awaited 200-calorie sweet bun for lunch. I'm allowed. See how fun 246 is?! You never feel deprived, so you don't feel like bingeing because you can eat in a couple days! Okay, so, I made spaghetti squash for lunch today. Cut in half, scrape out seeds/strings, bake cut side down in 375F oven for an hour, scrape out spaghetti strands from peel inwards. Eat with tomato sauce. Satisfying. One cup is 42 cals, but I was full with half a cup! I'm so excited to eat more than 200 cals tomorrow...I just want to put out there that being able to eat 600 calories doesn't mean I can eat 600 calories of junk. I have to make them count. Eat good calories. I'm losing weight consistently. This is good.

13 comments:

  1. Yayy!! Nice job, gorgeous ♥

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try spaghetti squash. I wonder if it would also be good with like a pesto/artichoke flavoring instead of tomato?

    And I'm so glad you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try out that spaghetti squash thing when I get my hands on a kitchen. That sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spaghetti squash, done. Totally trying that. Sending you skinnies beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna try it! You come up with good food combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent had spaghetti squash in too long.
    you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you girl!!! You're doing so well! Have fun on your 600 day :D
    I fucked up a little bit but make no mistake, I'm going to come back from it. March 1st xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done hun and keep it up, you're an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it helps, there is evidence the appetite-stimulating hormone ghrelin, produced on an empty stomach, improves memory and spatial learning: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro06/web2/dmarck.html

    Summer squash is delicious! You are doing very well. Just be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that you're doing so well! I'm so proud of you, and jealous of your self-control :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My focus doesn't typically start to go until the second or third round of the 2-4-6, but I also add the 8 in there, and I'm an extremely hyper focused and viliant person because of my anxiety. Other things fall to the wayside, like showering (I just realized today that I haven't showered or bathed since thursday. I too try to make my calories count, so I'm actually typically under.

    I'm so glad to hear that you are finding this works for you. Though don't feel bad if you need to do a day out of order (I sometimes switch an 6 or an 8 day with a 2 if something important falls on that day, like an exam or a required eating out).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    You have motivated me so much you know that?!
    X

    ReplyDelete