Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Diet and a Starbucks Catastrophe

I'm was sick of my own bullshit so I created a diet that I am planning on doing for 10 days. For some reason, knowing that I'm doing an experiment that I cannot mess up on is extremely motivating, since I want to know the exact results. I hope the diet goes well, so I can post before/after pics with my "success" story. Wouldn't it be amazing to be a thinspiration?! I've been super good all week with my eating and exercise. I cap my intake at 500 calories and exercise everyday, without fail. My abs/obliques are visible without flexing. My arms look thinner. My tummy is flat again! I'm going to shrink. I'm going to be lovely and tiny. The cutest girl around. I'll be able to wear anything. I'll look adorable in over-sized sweaters. I won't sweat. I'll be pure, fat-free. This is gonna get good.
Today, I was talking to a friend and she brought up those new vanilla tea lattes from Starbucks. She was all like, "We have to go to Starbucks, NOW!" I was hesitant, so I looked up the nutrition content online and decided that I'd be safe if I got it non-fat and sugar-free. It's just skim milk with a vanilla tea bag... So I got one with her. It was amazing. I was shocked at how good something non-fat and sugar-free tasted. We went to the library. I finished half the drink. Then I looked at the cup where they write what you ordered. Mine said "VRL" for Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte. My friend's said "N CH" for Non-fat Chai Tea Latte. MY CUP WAS MISSING THE "N" for non-fat and "SFV" for sugar-free vanilla!!!!!!!! Oh, shit, you can imagine, I went all ape-shit with my friend and she told me he probably just forgot to write it down. No. I could trust it. What if it was WHOLE MILK!?! I told her I had to dash to class. I dashed to the bathroom. Tried to throw up. Failed. I dashed all the way to my class, bouncing like an idiot and lifting my knees extra-high on stairs. Had to burn those calories, ew. I felt so fat, though. I couldn't understand it, but it's how I felt.
Moral of the story is to DOUBLE CHECK if they got your order right. No harm in asking. Anyway, I burned 360 calories when I got home. Still thin. I hope I'm losing weight. I told myself I wouldn't weigh in until Sunday. So I've been resisting.

12 comments:

  1. ugh i'm sure you got rid of it all hun. that would be so annoying to find you had the intention to be good and it was screwed up outside of your control.
    good luck on the 10 day diet! i'm sure you'll be amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm sorry that happened! I've totally done that before. "Is this nonfat?" "You made this with skim milk, right?" "This is 'skinny' like I ordered?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first bit you wrote. I want so badly to be a thinspiration too!

    I'm sorry about your Starbucks stress! I make sure to WATCH when they make it because at the Starbucks at my school, the milks are clearly labeled. Even then, I freak out thinking maybe they just refill the milk jugs with regular milk or something. Baaah!

    Keep up the good work :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg dude, that is like a horror story. I have such a hard time trusting restraunt foods over packaged/my own measured foods anyway. So it's like a bad dream to actually research something and then have them fuck it up! Ahh. My fave drink is iced non-fat chai with a pump of sugar free vanilla. yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh yeah, will triple check that crap from now on O.o
    Have a great time with your diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeh nothing pisses me off more when they don't give a shit and use full cream milk l stand there and watch and go "its meant to be on skim"... stupid ppl, ur posts are motivating thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back lovely! Will write properly soon but you're doing so well! Such an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so motivating! I would love to be a living success story too. Like, "Ohmygawd, she used to be so fat! But look at her now...!" Or that sort of thing. I notice those girls who wear over-sized hoodies and sweatpants and they STILL look really thin! That's great how you finally have some awesome abs!

    Oh goodness...I never thought to double-check drinks from the coffee shops...I'm so freaking glad you mentioned that. I'm always worried they're going to screw something up too like add whip cream (extra 100 calories) or use regular milk instead of soy milk or something. Coffee shops and restaurants are going to lose our trust very quickly if they keep making mistakes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to hear about your new diet plan!!! I hope you do super awesome on it.

    That Starbucks story is an absolute nightmare! I completely understand your freak out and I will certainly be checking the writing on the side of the cup before I drink anything from them again.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack! I hate that!!! Or when you misread the calories in something only to realize your mistake once you've already eaten the darn thing.

    You almost wish you could have remained ignorant... but then you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete