Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Five Pounds Lighter By Christmas

At ballet I ended up wearing my leggings with a long-but-tight long-sleeved black shirt. It was fine. Except that my hips were too wide. And my thighs were too thick. It was repulsive to look at myself in the mirror. I'm actually referring to myself as repulsive! I never thought I'd sink this low. But tomorrow is a very big day. Tomorrow, I will write my Biology exam at 4 PM, and should finish within three hours. Tomorrow, I can start focusing on myself, instead of Biology. These past 10 days, I have disregarded my physical health, which in turn negatively affected my mental health. Direct correlations. But tomorrow that changes. I am so excited for tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am going to work out. It's going to be hard, since I have't done it in so long, but it will feel amazing. I will feel amazing. I'm ready to start looking after myself again. I'm ready to feel beautiful. I'm ready to make a difference in my life.
Tomorrow I will follow my usual meal plan. The one I followed all school year. Tomorrow, everything changes. OMG, and I picked up the mail, and a $100 tax refund check came for me! So here's the deal: If I can lose 5 lb by Christmas, I'll buy myself an entire outfit. A dress with tights and shoes, or a top, cardigan, and skinnies... I have no idea what I weigh now, but I'll find out tomorrow morning. But I KNOW I've gained a substantial amount of weight and I've been eating too much because I've been pooping twice a day. Ya, ya, TMI, I know... So...FIVE POUNDS! Who else wants to lose 5 lb, by xmas? Let's support each other?
I'm making a new year's resolution list. The person I want to be, the things I want to be able to do, the goals I want to accomplish...It's still a work in progress, but I'm trying to carry out the resolutions now. Why wait until 2011? Start making the change now!

13 comments:

  1. i love this post - it's so inspiring! your attitude is the best thing ever.
    you've probably posted it before but what is your usual meal plan that you mentioned? and how much did you lose on it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the losing 5 lbs. by Christmas! :)

    And, same question as Amy, but what is your usual meal plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 lbs by Christmas... 11 days. so 5.5 days to lose 2.5 lbs...so 2.75 days to lose 1.25 lbs.

    It sounds so easy doesn't it? I wish I could be strong enough to join you. I'm not going to wish you good luck Alisha, because everything you get has been without luck - it has been through your own hard work. Which is why I'm proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's do it. I'm with you! Update me on your mealplan? And I totally agree about New Year's Resolutions- gah! We should be following this year-round, not just picking it up when we realize that a number in the date is changing! I'm prepared to say goodbye to this last 5 pounds. WOOOOOOOOOO!

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can lose it. You know you can. I would wish you luck, but you don't need it. You've got will power and determination on your side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your philosophy about resolutions! You will certainly lose 5 lbs by Christmas.

    Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you!(as soon as I get over this cold :/)

    You are so inspiring, Miss Alisha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay, you are always so positive and always planning on doing better the next day, I love that.
    I want to loose another 5 lbs too, so we will both do it. We will all do it, we're strong and pretty and we will be confident!

    Stay strong, little lady.
    You have my heart,
    Merely

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are amazing, you are going to do it i just know you will (: what an amazing present to yourself losing 5lbs would be!

    all the best, although you wont need luck-you will manage just fine (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am definitely there with you. 5 lbs by christmas. we can do it! feel free to email me if you'd like. just let me know, and i'll send you my email. =]

    i am a dancer, too. and i loveeee ballet. i know what you mean by looking in the mirror and feeling repulsed. it doesn't help when you're in the studio in skin tight clothes all the time, and always around super skinny girls. constantly. i know the feeling. =[

    you can do this! you're beautiful... but you will be walking on air here soon, love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting on my picture post. I like that you are honest and notice my giant thighs, too! Haha. I hate them. Is the cardio working for you? I need to get back to lots of running. I just want to make sure I don't build up the muscle too much, either, because that only bulks me up more. :(

    I need to start looking after myself, again, too. It's crazy how not exercising can mess with by brain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love picures babe. do u have facebook? i'd add you and of course nothing about ED on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG they look mouth-watering! So yum, I'll definitely save the recipe for a treat or party and let you know how they are! ♥ Love you!

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete