Monday, January 31, 2011

Good-Bye January

Mondays I usually work out at 11 AM. Me, the genius, left my gym pass in my OTHER jacket. Boy, was I pissed. Ugh, now I have to go home and slave away on the stairmaster... I got some work done and came home 4 hours earlier than usual. The stairmaster wasn't so bad! I did 25 minutes of intervals and lifted some weights, burning about 260 calories! I stayed on track, except I "thought I needed" some chocolate at 7PM, but went overboard and had 100 calories worth. So I did 10 minutes of cardio and lunged around my house; I probably got rid of the chocolate calories. My extra working out caused me to lose about 45 minute of study time. Crap. Well, I'll make it anyway. I swear to God that this will be the best week month ever. I binged the entire month of January (except today). I'm not exaggerating. But I was good today, and tomorrow it's February and I'm going to lose 10 lb this month! Or more! How exciting!
Thanks so much everyone for the shopping sites! I found the BEST one ever, I was like, GOTTA SHOW THEM: Shopbop.com It's sort of expensive, but so worth it. They've got Elizabeth and James (MK and Ashley's line) and Temperley London and Marc and Diane von Furstenberg and Derek Lam and...everything that's lovely about life! Moving on. Friday is my dad's 51st birthday, so we're going to this Italian restaurant where portions are about the size of my head, but I had a soup there once, which is safe. But that was lunch...Veal could be safe too because I can cut out most of it since everyone knows I hate the taste of fat. Ahhhhh!, and we're celebrating Chinese New Year with my dad's family on Saturday! But that'll be easy because it's a "steamboat," where we sit at a table and cook our food in a boiling broth in the centre of the table. I'll just cook a bunch of vegetables. Have a wonderful start of February, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. That website looks awesome. I love Elizabeth & James stuff. Sadly, I doubt I will ever have $200 or more to spend on just one dress. Hope you find some good stuff, though.

    And YAY for February! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing that with me, it really did make me feel better (not because you cried, but because I watched the music video and cried which helped me see what I needed to fix).

    I also wanted to ask you about something- I've decided to look for a texting 'pen-pal', to encourage one another when we need support, and I decided to ask you first; we're close in age and clearly have much in common... if you'd be interested, let me know- otherwise, no problem :)

    Make February your BITCH! Just because it's a short month doesn't mean lots of shit can't change in your favor.

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sorry to hear about your gym mishap. But way to go burning those calories at home.

    (Don't beat yourself up about the chocolate. I'm a firm believer in chocolate every now and then)

    Best month ever, here we come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that positivity, hon.
    You will succeed this month, go forth and be awesome!

    Love,
    Merely

    ReplyDelete
  5. New month new start! I always love that. Have fun going out hun and you'll do amazing. I wish I had a stair master sadface :(
    stay strong! you're amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to own February! You can lose 10 lbs this month! I remember eating at an Italian restaurant once- then they placed the plate of food in front of us and all three people were able to eat ONE serving of that food. I guess whoever said Italian's were big eaters wasn't joking! Since you know dinner's coming, you can prepare yourself ahead of time =). Chinese New Year sounds like so much fun and you can make your own food too! Hope you enjoy your new February start! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think about it this way; you will never EVER have another January 2011- so don`t stress (;.

    Good luck in febuary! New month- new start, new you! Hahaha and I`ll be truckin`along with ya.

    And come on- we all know a little chocolate every once in a while is good for the soul (;.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is good. Very good. Girl, do you remember when we were the baddest bitches around for awhile (hahahahaha) well we TOTALLY need to get back there.

    February. A perfect 28 days. 4 weeks. -8lbs.

    I'm doing it - can we do it together? A proper challenge, I'll post about it later. Email me? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay lets lose weight together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your thinspo is great!

    That cooking veggies in broth thing sounds really yummy and healthy - I am glad you're doing better now. You're going to have a great February!

    ReplyDelete
  11. elizabeth & james is amazing...just so darn expensive!! good luck at your dad's dinner - sounds like you can get away with eating quite a little! and also good luck for making february count. we'll do it together :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shopbop is my LOVE!

    You're right, February is going to be good, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Love these pics.
    2. Thanks so much for sharing that site - I'll probably just have to make wishlists, as I'm poor...but still ;)
    3. January was one long month of binging for me too, and I've really appreciated your comments. I'm feeling inspired. Let's make february awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your writing & photos are always so beautiful. Have an enjoyable February

    ReplyDelete