Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ballet

My first day of ballet classes, ever, was last night. I loved it. The instructor has been dancing all her life, graduated from the National Ballet of Canada, and now works there. Since we're adult beginners, we aren't required to wear dance shoes; we're doing it barefoot. It was a pretty good toning session for my glutes and abs. Also, it REALLY improves your posture. You must stand tall, making your back as erect as you can with your shoulders down and back. Doing the different positions, I felt so graceful. If I end up liking it, I'll purchase dance shoes, and continue it! I'm so happy I found these classes.
Last night, my parents were pissed off that I only had 1/2 an apple and some cheese for "dinner," but I told them to leave me alone, it's FINE. I'm NOT about to let my parents and food ruin my happiness.

Ballet Thinspo!

5 comments:

  1. ahh, ballet! i love it! and miss it terribly! =[

    i'm sorry about your parents, though. i know that must be tough. hang in there. i wish you the best of luck with ballet lessons! enjoy them! and love the thinspo. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i miss ballet as well! i took it all of my life except the past 2 1/2 years! you have inspired me, i want to take it up again! im so glad to hear you enjoy it:)
    xxo.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dancing ballet for 6 years now and I absolutely love it. I agree with you, I always feel so gracious when I'm doing ballett, it's so delightful and it gives me strength.

    Be strong! Merely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope being positive will make a difference, for both of us. I love the ballet thinspo
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great!
    Ballet is beautiful. It will make you really graceful and feminine too, which is a attribute I think is very attractive in a woman.

    ReplyDelete