Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Am Queen Of My World

I hate my parents. They can mean well, but in all honesty, I hate them a lot. I'm only still here because I need their money to get through university. Otherwise, I'd leave. At 6:30 PM they were bitching because I only had 2 meals: breakfast (because I woke up at 12) and a little dinner. They were like" COME with us for dinner, you CAN'T live off two meals a day." They don't realize that I eat two meals everyday. They kept saying, "You need to more calories a day. You HAVE to come out for dinner with us." I kept saying, "NO, NO. It's FINE. I'm FINE. I JUST ATE at 6. I'm not coming. Bye." Dad says, "You need more calories. Don't make this difficult for us." Me: "Who's making anything difficult?" Dad: "You make it difficult for us when you don't eat." Me: "I'm fine. Goodbye!" I don't care about their guilt trips and family time and their insisting. Giving in is a sign of weakness. It's a sign that I can let people control me. I AM NOT ABOUT TO LET THEM or ANYONE CONTROL ANY PART OF ME. I am queen of my world. Queen Alisha. Queen Alisha does not let anyone tell her what to do.
So ya. Screw my parents. Screw food. I am winning this battle. And it feels great. I managed to do 10 whole minutes of skipping today. I had to stop for a few seconds a couple of times, but it's okay. I can keep building my way up, skipping for longer and longer times. I know I'm losing weight, but I feel like it's not showing enough. My thighs are getting smaller, but they still touch. My hips are wayy smaller than they were last month, but they are still too wide. My stomach still needs shrinking, I hate the way it sticks out. Anyway, my parents really depressed the shit out of me. They made me remember why I should always find a reason to get out of the house. Make up excuses, anything. We live and learn, right!? Well, while my family has dinner I'm going to relax, continue reading East of Eden, and not come out my room for the rest of the night.

3 comments:

  1. Asian parents are a separate species onto their own. It took me years past teen years to understand my parents. Something (most) they were right and I fucked up by doing the opposite.

    Grandparents are an issue all together. My very blunt Korean grandmother always insisted I was too fat to be Asian & that I was adopted. East of Eden is a kdrama...any relation to this book of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome that they arent controlling you, or that your not letting them. even though your living with them, you still are grownup enough to make your own choices. and at this point, they cant even make you. like, your an adult. theres nothing they can do. :)
    haha.

    stay inspired!

    thanks for all the fabulous comments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lovely:

    No, you dont need to eat all 280 calories at once:) you can spread it out though out the day. But you need at the full 4 tablespoons a day to really get the health benefits from it to help your body:)

    hope you have a lovely week!

    stay beautiful and strong

    xxo.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete