Monday, August 9, 2010

My Weekend of Passion

Saturday night, I went to the Something Corporate concert, which was completely magical. Last night, I went to a "little" show to see The Dangerous Summer and a few of my favourite local bands. It was quite possible the sweatiest concert I've ever been to. Also the craziest. It was so fun! I really like the lead singer of one of the bands. I've been seeing him at almost every single concert I've been to in the past two years, since he started promoting his music. Damn, he's so cute. Last night was the band's first show ever, and he looks even cuter when he's nervous! Anyway, I thought I might talk to him yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to. I'm really shy...
Anyway, I realized a very important thing during the concert. I was in the midst of a completely different passion. Music. Everyone there was passionate about the same thing: music. I used to be exactly like that, except I got side-tracked by my passion for weight-loss, thinness/beauty. But last night, I felt that passion for music again. That guy, the cute one, seeing him and his band play, then seeing him getting crazy, rocking out to The Dangerous Summer with the rest of the crowd made me realize that there is something better than food and weight-loss. Why should I always worry about what the hell I'm gonna eat or when I'm gonna work out or how I'm gonna avoid eating? There are other things to be passionate about. I don't need to eat. It shouldn't be a concern. This is the whole concept of the "starving artist" and "I feed on my thoughts, my passions." Find your passion and feed on it, even if it is starving.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean. i used to be so interested in so many things. art, and music were main things. and i've found that i gave up, on almost everything to "be thin".

    that show sounds fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you said this very well. I like that. and the best thing about it is, that I can totally understand what you are talking about!

    xx, Merely

    ReplyDelete