Friday, August 6, 2010

Food is Annoying

I've had enough of food for a while. I mean, in all honesty, for the past few days I have not felt like eating. But I HAVE eaten. I've eaten out of sheer fucking boredom. Last night, my mom asked me a hundred times if and where I wanted to go out for dinner. I did not feel like eating. I moaned and went on like, "Noooo, please, I'm not hungry....I don't want anything heavy..." But, of course, we went for pizza. A funny thing happened. Pay attention to this story. The two of us split a very small thin crust pizza. Mom ordered wings. Mom ate the wings being the overweight woman she is and left a quarter of her half of the pizza. She said she was full, but I know my mother and I didn't believe it. I ate my half of the pizza, no wings. I asked mom why she left that tiny slice. This is what she says: "Because I know you'll eat it." Jesus Christ. I was furious. My heart beat started beating faster and faster, like it does when I get angry. I said, "NO I'm NOT going to eat THAT. WHY would I eat it? Why? I don't even want it!!" This proves that my mother notices my "binges," how I give in to food when it's around. Needless to say, I didn't touch the pizza. I was very angry with my mother and myself for the rest of the night. First of all, I should have never invited my mother to come see a movie with me. Now I know. Unless I want to be as fat as her when I'm older. I felt so fat all night. I sat there watching Inception and I could feel the swell of my tummy, the fat on my thighs...My heart was racing with my increasing anger. I'm tired of being and feeling fat. Seriously.
So, from now on, I'll only eat when I genuinely feel like it. Genuinely. No more fat. No more entering the kitchen for no reason. Stay in room and read or exercise.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch. I'm sorry your mum said such a hurtful thing. My parents sometimes ask me why I eat when I say I don't want to. They don't mean it in a taunting way, but it still hurts.

    I'm with you on staying in our rooms i.e. sanctuaries and avoiding the kitchen at all cost!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live in a family of obese people, and it disgusts me. which makes me ashamed that im disgusted with my family. but i am.

    i've been doing that more too, only eating when im hungry.

    good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEARD THAT. I'm with you gir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow that must be very hard for you to hear something from your mother. When I still lived with my parents it was reversed: they never asked me if I wanted something to eat, and when I asked if I could have a bit of something they said: "oh we thought you didn't eat anymore". Also very painful.

    Everytime you're about to eat something ask yourself: why do I want to eat this? Am I hungry, or am I just bored. When bored, try to get you mind off of the food. And when hungry just choose the most healthiest thing.

    ReplyDelete